Katrina Hill, NP
Katrina has been a nurse practitioner for 2 years. She began as a registered practical nurse in 1991. She continued her education by attending Confederation College in Thunder Bay, completing a diploma as a registered nurse in 2004. In 2014 she graduated from St Francis Xavier with an Honours BScN. Katrina enjoys taking courses regularly to update her skills and understanding. She is a member of the Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario and a committee member of the Regional Geriatric Programs of Ontario (RGPs).
Katrina enjoys the company of her three adult children. She and her husband live in a rural area and enjoy outdoor activities.
- conduct a comprehensive or focused health assessment as appropriate to the individual client’s presentation
- identify urgent, emergent and life-threatening situations
- perform procedures for client assessments
- obtain and consider the necessary information for the health assessment such as laboratory and diagnostic tests
- communicate results and diagnoses including treatment plans and expected outcomes
- NPs who have successfully completed College-approved education are authorized to prescribe controlled substances including medical cannabis
- federal law allows NPs to provide medical assistance in dying
- NPs are not authorized to order the following tests: CTs, MRIs, nuclear medicine procedures